Go to footer

Transmit ID box on main screen

Discuss missing features and find out whether they make sense in JT65-HF.

Transmit ID box on main screen

Postby w8lig » Wed 13. Mar 2013, 02:48

Last night late I was trying to work 4Z1IG on 20 meters. There were several stations trying to work him and it occured to me that after reading all the posts of people that have been getting OO cards in the mail, I probably had exceeded 10 minutes without an ID. I would like to suggest a check box to force a CW ID after the next transmission. Keep the current check boxes in setup, but put this box on the main screen so I can check it and force an ID at will. I suppose this could be automated in some way, but I would rather it be my choice which would be easier to code I would think.

Larry
W8LIG
w8lig

by Advertising » Wed 13. Mar 2013, 02:48

Advertising

Re: Transmit ID box on main screen

Postby N5TGL » Fri 15. Mar 2013, 14:16

If I got a note from an OO that I need to CW identify, I'd tell him where he can put his note.

First off, if I'm not "identifying", how on earth did he know who to send the card to? Every exchange that is sent (as far as I know) ends in my call, so I'm not exactly sure how one can go 10 minutes without your call being transmitted? Furthermore, I don't CW ID when using PSK31, so I'm not sure why some OOs are all up in arms about this? Maybe I don't understand the situation, but is sounds like a case of Barney Fife to me.
N5TGL

Re: Transmit ID box on main screen

Postby dl4oce » Tue 26. Mar 2013, 14:18

I don't like that feature, either. When a transmission was received without errors, it will be displayed, otherwise it won't.

JT65 is not so much about chatting, it's only very efficient due to it's very high redundancy.

Who else would miss this feature?
dl4oce
Administrator

Return to Board index

Return to Feature Requests