Go to footer

Hamlib interfacing and XML-RPC communication

Discuss missing features and find out whether they make sense in JT65-HF.

Hamlib interfacing and XML-RPC communication

Postby IZ1TGH » Sun 10. Mar 2013, 22:35

No secrets, I'm a Linuxman, but there's no usable (comfortable) software for JT65 in my platform.
To keep things easy, Hamlib (a library package to interface rigs with the PC) seems to be working fine also with Windows, and it would be very useful to use Hamlib also for reading and setting the QRG on the rig directly from Comfort without having to install some "elephant" software like HRD (on a netbook screen it's a real pain and very resource greedy) or rely on external software like OmniRig to simply control the rig.
Nevertheless, having the possibility to read/set QRG via an XML-RPC call from an external program (like flrig or fldigi on the same computer, but also on another computer on the net) would make Comfort even more comfortable!
What do you think?
73 de IZ1TGH!
IZ1TGH

by Advertising » Sun 10. Mar 2013, 22:35

Advertising

Re: Hamlib interfacing and XML-RPC communication

Postby g4ilo » Mon 11. Mar 2013, 19:06

I agree about hamlib. None of the existing three methods for interfacing to a transceiver are very satisfactory. I use manual frequency-setting.
g4ilo

Postby IZ1TGH » Mon 11. Mar 2013, 19:35

g4ilo wrote:I use manual frequency-setting.

Another small thing... When Comfort is opened, it automatically sets on 14076. Is there a way to leave it set to zero, like the original JT65-HF? It automatically logs in to RB and PSK, I often forget to se the right QRG and the spots are sent to the wrong QRG.
73 de IZ1TGH!
IZ1TGH

Postby dl4oce » Sun 17. Mar 2013, 07:32

- cfm QRG initially to 0 instead of 14076
- cfm hamlib: if you can find me some documentation on how to interact with hamlib, I could try to make it work with it
dl4oce
Administrator

Postby vk2ziw » Thu 10. Oct 2013, 00:36

TXCVR TX control.
XP Pro, OmniRig v1.11, Comfort 4.0.0.24, Behringer UCA202 USB audio, real COM1 port. FT450
Txcvr frequency was read by Comfort, though should show EXACT frequency, to the cycle. 10138.000 KHz.
No TX, using VOX.

Win 7 Pro 64bit, Omnirig v1.14, Comfort 4.0.0.24, Behringer UCA202, PL2303 USB serial COM4, FT450
No txcvr frequency readout, no TX, again using VOX.

Comfort works well, thanks. Plenty of signals read at -23, can't be seen in the waterfall.

Other BB users, please describe your setup, and use examples, it took me hours to find how to save
the settings, yes, I'd set the "Logfile" to "C:\temp\logjt65.txt". Only when I installed Comfort 3.3 did an error
appear, "Logfile should have extension .adi or .log", I set it to "C:\temp\jt65log.log" and it WORKS!!!
vk2ziw

Return to Board index

Return to Feature Requests