Go to footer

Feature Suggestion

Discuss missing features and find out whether they make sense in JT65-HF.

Feature Suggestion

Postby kf2t » Sun 23. Jun 2013, 01:01

Really enjoying Comfort 3.3 -- THANK YOU!

A couple of suggestions for the next version:

1) Larger screen fonts, and buttons -- for easier tablet/touch PC use (and older eyes!)
2) Move the waterfall settings into the menu bar, no gear icon.
3) Likewise "clear" and "re-decode" options
4) Remove all the checkboxes (NB, AFC, etc) - they can be in settings
5) Pull down macros in the TX Text window? (I don't usually use them but some do)
6) Option to resize waterfall
7) Change "TXING" to "ON AIR"
8) Bigger clock and frequency display - Love the idea of the progress bar in the clock!
9) No need for the dialog box to pop up after the "runaway call" count has been exceeded. Maybe just an indicator with the number of tries "to go" can be in the main screen?
10) Option to skip the log confirmation dialog, too

REALLY appreciate your efforts. Thank you again!

George
kf2t

by Advertising » Sun 23. Jun 2013, 01:01

Advertising

Re: Feature Suggestion

Postby dl4oce » Wed 26. Jun 2013, 19:49

Hi George,

thanks a lot for your suggestions! Maybe we can ask the other users for their opinion about certain points? I'd like to start a discussion here as I don't want to decide everything on my own:

1: I really need the space I get by using smaller fonts and few people like it. But on the other hand I am getting many requests to change them back to a bigger size. So what can I do about it? Maybe I'll implement an option "use large fonts" or similar.

2: Those are meant to be quick settings. Do you really want to hide them in the settings menu? (Question to all users)

3: See 2. BTW, did you notice that you can also use them by shortcuts?

4: Those are quick settings as well. I'd like to put these in the settings rather than those mentioned under 2) and 3), but what do you all think about this? Do we get a majority for this?

5: I'll have to check that.

6: This is one of the ost important things with prio 2 ;) No, seriously, I have that on the list. On a very large one.

7: I love the "TXING", but I'd not die from changing it - what does the community think?

8: The progress bar behind the clock display was _the_ reason to fork this project at all, thank you :) Propably that goes well together with the "use large fonts" idea

9: This is old behaviour from previous versions. This box shows up whenever an event is triggered, it does not have to be a bad one. I am not too sure about how to solve it. It's getting on my nerves, too. But I'd also like to get reminded that the TX was automatically disabled. What do the others think?

10: What exactly do you mean? You mean something like "log directly without asking"? One-click-logging or rather one-shortcut-logging? Is that what you were thinking of? Please say yes, I love the idea ;)

Best 73s and thanks agai nfor supporting JT65-HF de Arne, DL4OCE ...-.-
dl4oce
Administrator

Postby dl4oce » Sun 26. Jan 2014, 07:30

Hi George,

these are pretty interesting suggestions, thank you very much for that!

As I have now eliminated some really urgent issues to release the latest alphas, I'll now have the time to do some more beautifying to the project and will propably pick up on some of your ideas.
dl4oce
Administrator

Postby vk4kl » Thu 6. Mar 2014, 04:07

Only just discovering JT65 and so far have only used the program for receiving.
Will JT65 ever be available for ipad? I don't always have access to laptop but I do have access to iPad

Adrian
vk4kl

Postby dl4oce » Sun 9. Mar 2014, 11:48

No, sorry, I will never support any Apple products.
dl4oce
Administrator

Return to Board index

Return to Feature Requests