Go to footer

JT65-HF FAQ

How does this work, how does that?
Is this a bug?
Is this a missing feature?

JT65-HF FAQ

Postby dl4oce » Fri 8. Mar 2013, 11:36

Q: Why doesn't JT65-HF start? I cannot close the configuration dialog.
A: Quite commonly, this happens when you don't enter a valid path to the log book file. Pay attention on the file extension, too! .adi means ADIF format, .log means MixW.

Q: Does it work with HRD Logbook?
A: Not, yet. There is a good work-around in JT-Alert which connects directly to the database DSN. What I want to implement (and which is the main reason for me for forking this stuff) is direct communication with JRD Logbook for wkd status lookup, logging and remotely QSYing the rig.
Have a look at the Changelog and to-do list which will be updated on a non-regular basis.

Q: Comfort crashes on start-up. Why?
A: There are many possible reasons for that behaviour. One is that you're using Windows 7 and you don't have certain rights it needs to create an initial configuration file in the user's directory. Use the latest version - it checks that condition and creates any necessary directories.

Q: I am trying to use an ADIF file for log checking purpose. Which fields does it have to contain?
A: You'll need to export <call> , <freq> ,<mode> and <qsl_rcvd> from your logbook program. For Ham Radio Deluxe, this would be the format "ADIF + Ham Radio Deluxe". As Comfort looks for band and mode, you could replace all mode field contents "SSB, LSB, USB, CW, FM, PSK31, ..." by "JT65A" in a text editor, just in case you are not in the need of working a DXCC in this specific mode to get an award.

Q: Will you implement things as logging support to UR5EQF, HRD, rotor or world map support? I wonder why I have to log QSOs manually outside Comfort
A: When you log in JT65-HF, it will only log the QSO in a local log file and nothing else.
There are several reasons why I propably will never implement most of the things you requested:

1. I don't have good documentation on the protocols used for logging to UR5EQF and HRD.
2. There is an extension called JT-Alert which is able to log to several log programs via an ODBC connection.
3. HRD developers announced JT65 support in the future, so I don't want to spend tim eon things that will be done, anyway.

I'd propose to have a look at JT-Alert, maybe that's already everything you'll need?

Q: How do I keep my PCs time in sync?
A: Have a look at NetTime - it has reliably done the job for me over years, now:
http://www.timesynctool.com/
dl4oce
Administrator

by Advertising » Fri 8. Mar 2013, 11:36

Advertising

Return to Board index

Return to FAQs