Go to footer

BUG?? 3.3 Error msg during logging

How does this work, how does that?
Is this a bug?
Is this a missing feature?

BUG?? 3.3 Error msg during logging

Postby w8lig » Wed 13. Mar 2013, 02:55

This was posted on the JT65 google group. Posting here as well.

Again this morning my first contact generated the error message in the attached graphic. JT-Alert successfully logged the contact to DXKeeper, the ADI file had the proper information as did the .CSV and the .TXT file. In addition, after this message came up, the waterfall was was distorted. By that I mean the individual signals were wider than normal. I clicked the OK button but the display did not look right, so I closed down. I'm using Windows7 Pro 32 bit. Program is installed in this directory C:\jt65hf-comfort-3, which is the same place I have Joe's version except in it's own directory.

This is at least the 4th time this has happened in the past three days.

Larry
W8LIG
w8lig

by Advertising » Wed 13. Mar 2013, 02:55

Advertising

Re: BUG?? 3.3 Error msg during logging

Postby w8lig » Wed 13. Mar 2013, 02:58

I tried to add a screen capture of this but it would not upload.

W8LIG
w8lig

Postby DO1IP » Wed 13. Mar 2013, 17:52

Larry send your screenshot to my mailadress do1ip@darc.de
Vy 73, de Udo (DO1IP)
DO1IP

Postby DO1IP » Thu 14. Mar 2013, 05:48

Attached is the screen capture you requested. When this happens, the program attempts to close. The white log screen appears but never closes and when you manually close it, you get the error message shown in this graphic. If you click OK, the waterfall signals are distorted and you cannot use the program. You must totally close out of JT65 and reload. This is so frequent now that I have switched back to Joe's version until something is addressed. That version works without any issues. I'll be happy to work with you to resolve this if needed.

--
Larry
W8LIG
Vy 73, de Udo (DO1IP)
DO1IP

Postby dl4oce » Sun 17. Mar 2013, 07:39

I've found a bug in the old version while improving Comfort which led to some permission issues in Windows 7.

Have you tried the latest Comfort version? The screenshot shows an old version. You'll only need to replace the .exe file. Make a backup of your old .exe, before, so you can switch back in case it won't work for you.
dl4oce
Administrator

Postby WA4MIT » Mon 24. Jun 2013, 00:49

I am having this same problem. I do not know how to attach screen shots I have. Also after this happens the software will no longer decode any signal. I have tried version 3.4 and it does not work correctly the screen clears anytime you try to answer a call. My system is xp-pro, dual pent proc, 4GB ram.
WA4MIT

Postby HC6PE » Mon 16. Dec 2013, 03:12

ok, I have been battling with this error all day long. And I found how to fix it on my PC. It might not be your case but I will explain how I solved it.

My windows computer is a windows 7, 32bits, latinamerican keyboard, and regional settings adjusted to Spanish (Ecuador).

If we choose Spanish(Ecuador) as regional settings, the decimal separator is a comma. Im used to use a dot but this is how windows proceed.

I started taking detailed notes every time the error happened, because I wanted to log the QSO with the same information after I recover from the crash.

And suddenly I started noticing that when the logging works, it showns the frequency as 14.076 (dot), and every time it failed it was being shown as 14,076 (comma).

hc6pe.png
screen capture of the error notice the comma in the frequency box
hc6pe.png (31.83 KiB) Viewed 759 times

BTW at first I tried to manually swap . by , and the opposite but it did not allow me to do so.
I think something is misconfigured in the frequency's box allowed characters. Im not saying the dot . is the correct one because I remember at some (trial and error) stages the comma was working ok and the dot was not...

I mean: it is something related to the regional settings you are using in windows and the regional settings JT65HF detects.. if they differ a crash is highly probable.

So I ended up changing regional settings to United States, and now my decimal separator is . (a dot)... and after this change I have had no more crashes like this, as the other regional settings are ok with me (we use USD for example) it is not a big deal for me to change it to USA settings.

I suggest a checking of the logging code. (unfortunately) I have no time to check it and, regardless of what is used as a sepparator (comma or dot), to allways log the frequency with a dot. Or in any case, to allow dots AND commas as characters in the frequency box, or at least a simple check to avoid out of array attempts, this is what is triggering the error windows an attempt to access an array element outside its boundaries.

72 de Epe
HC6PE
HC6PE

Postby dl4oce » Fri 17. Jan 2014, 07:10

Hi Epe,

did the latest update fix your issue?

73 de Arne, DL4OCE ...-.-
dl4oce
Administrator

Return to Board index

Return to FAQs